Friday, June 24, 2011

June 20, 2011: Kelly Sue DeConnick Talks Supergirl




A sleep-deprived Kelly Sue DeConnick spoke with Newsarama.com about writing Supergirl, why these pre-relaunch comics matter, and how Kara and Lois work together.

    Nrama: Another big part of the story is that it's a Kara/Lois team-up. They've got an interesting relationship; they're the two most famous female characters in the Superman mythos - and among the two most recognizable female characters in all of comics - but don't really have a lot of shared experiences at this point in continuity. What kind of fun has it been getting to explore their dynamic?

    DeConnick: They're so very different - and I like that. Kara's cool, Lois is brash. Lois is about as woman as woman gets; Kara's navigating her way into womanhood. They're oil and water, but I mean that in the way that oil and water swirl together and make an interesting design. Like that pretty paper I bought in Venice. If I meant they clashed, I'd say they were an acid and a base. Like, you know, a fourth grade volcano.

    Oh god. I need to sleep.


Read the entire interview at Newsarama.com.


View the Original article